For calcium oxalate, urate and cystine stones
Medicinal dog food for metabolic urinary stones and for a low-purine diet
Happy Dog VET Diet Urinary Low Purine is used to reduce the formation of calcium oxalate, urate and cystine stones in dogs. A low level of calcium combined with a low vitamin D content and urine alkalinising properties helps to reduce oxalate stone formation. Urinary Low Purine, with its urine alkalinising properties and low level of proteins, excels at reducing the formation of urate and cystine stones. The high-quality protein sources of casein, peas and potato protein were selected for their limited purine and cystine/cysteine contents. The especially tasty recipe for this dietary complete feed has a low purine content and is gentle on both liver and kidneys, making it also suitable for feeding in parallel with treatment for leishmaniasis.
- Urine alkalinising properties to reduce oxalate, urate and cystine stone formation
- Recipe with selected protein sources and low-purine components such as potatoes and peas
- As an antioxidant, vitamin E binds free radicals and guarantees active cell protection
Dietary complete feed for adult dogs for reduction of oxalate, urate and cystine stones formation. Happy Dog VET Diet Urinary Low Purine is only available if recommended by your vet.
- It is recommended that a veterinarian’s opinion be sought before use or before extending the period of use (if used to reduce the formation of cystine stones).
- If used as a dietary measure as part of treatment for leishmaniasis, the use of xanthine oxidase inhibitors (e.g. allopurinol) must be noted.
- For best effect, feed the dietary food exclusively. Consult your vet before giving any complementary foods.
- Offer your dog several small meals per day unless otherwise recommended by your vet.
- The amount of food should be adapted to suit your dog’s individual metabolism, so it may be necessary to reduce or increase the quantity to a certain extent.
- Make sure that your dog always has access to fresh water.
- Recommended period of use: Reduction of oxalate stones formation: up to six months. Reduction of cystine stones formation: initially up to six months. Reduction of urate stones formation: up to six months but lifetime use in case of irreversible disturbance of uric acid metabolism.