Support for the urinary tract
Flushing the urinary tract
For struvite stones
Medicinal feed for dogs with struvite stones
Happy Dog VET Diet Struvit is used to dissolve struvite stones and to reduce the recurrence of struvite stones in adult dogs. The main features of this dietary complete feed are the moderate level of high-grade protein, reduced magnesium and phosphorus levels and urine acidifying properties. It results in a clear reduction in the urine pH. The slightly elevated sodium level helps to increase water consumption and thus flushing of the urinary tract. The herbs it contains – dandelion and stinging nettle – are traditionally used to supplement conventional urinary tract treatments.
- A moderate level of protein combined with reduced magnesium and phosphorus contribute to the dissolution of struvite stones and reduction of struvite stone recurrence
- The slightly elevated sodium level promotes increased water consumption and thus flushing of the urinary tract
- Urine acidifying properties help to reduce the urine pH
Dietary complete feed for adult dogs for dissolution of struvite stones and reduction of struvite stone recurrence. Happy Dog VET Diet Struvit is only available on the recommendation of a vet.
- It is recommended that advice from a veterinarian be sought before using this medicinal dog food and before extending the period of use.
- For maximum stone dissolving effect, feed the diet exclusively. Discuss any supplementary nutrition needs with your vet.
- The diet should ideally be changed over to a suitable follow-on food in 10% increments over a period of at least 2-4 weeks.
- To prevent struvite stones, reduce the specified amount of food (daily requirement) by 20 – 25 % and replace with a normal Happy Dog dry food. Regularly check the urine pH.
- Offer several small meals per day unless otherwise recommended by your vet.
- The amount of food should be adapted to suit your dog’s individual metabolism, so it may be necessary to reduce or increase the quantity to a certain extent.
- Water should be available to your four-legged friend at all times.
- Recommended period of use: five to twelve weeks for dissolving struvite stones. For reduction of struvite stone recurrence, initially up to 6 months.
- If mixing with Happy Dog VET Struvit wet food, please note that 100 g wet food is equivalent to 30 g dry food