For struvite stones
Support for the urinary tract
Flushing the urinary tract
Medicinal dog food for struvite stones
Happy Dog VET Diet Struvit is a dietary complete feed used in adult dogs to dissolve struvite stones and to reduce the recurrence of struvite stones. The main features of this diet are the moderate level of high-grade protein, reduced magnesium and phosphorus levels and urine acidifying properties. It results in a clear reduction in the urine pH. The slightly elevated sodium level promotes increased water consumption and thus flushing of the urinary tract.
- A moderate protein content and reduced levels of magnesium and phosphorus help to dissolve and reduce the recurrence of struvite stones in cats
- The slightly elevated sodium level promotes increased water consumption and thus flushing of the urinary tract
- Urine acidifying properties help to reduce the urine pH
Dietary complete feed for adult dogs for dissolution of struvite stones and reduction of struvite stone recurrence. Happy Dog VET Diet Struvit is only available on the recommendation of your vet.
- It is recommended that a veterinarian’s opinion be sought before using the special diet or before extending the period of use.
- For maximum stone dissolving effect, feed Happy Dog VET Diet Struvit exclusively. Discuss any supplementary nutrition needs with your vet.
- The diet should ideally be changed over to a suitable follow-on food in 10% increments over a period of at least 2-4 weeks.
- To prevent struvite stones, reduce the specified amount of food (daily requirement) by 20 – 25 % and replace with a normal Happy Dog dry food. Regularly check your dog’s urine pH.
- Offer several small portions of the medicinal dog food per day unless otherwise recommended by your vet.
- The amount of food should be adapted to suit your dog’s individual metabolism, so it may be necessary to reduce or increase the quantity to a certain extent.
- Water should be available to your dog at all times.
- Recommended period of use: five to twelve weeks for dissolving struvite stones. For reduction of struvite stone recurrence, initially up to 6 months.
- If mixing with Happy Dog VET Diet Struvit dry food, please note that 100 g wet food is equivalent to 30 g dry food