For liver disease
Lower copper and sodium content
Lower protein content
Special veterinary diet for support with liver disease
Happy Dog VET Diet Hepatic makes an important contribution in the case of dogs with chronic liver disease by providing relief and support to the liver. A significant level of high-value proteins with high energy content is effective in reducing the burden of harmful by-products and helps support protein metabolism. The amino-acid profile of this complete food diet is specifically tailored to meet the needs of pets with liver disease, and the balanced formulation with milk thistle ensures optimal supply of nutrients from easily digestible ingredients. The vitamin and trace elements (moderate levels of copper) are tailored to the specific requirements of dogs with liver disease. The diet helps bind the ammonia in the intestine, promotes intestinal flora and the integrity of the intestine, and offers antioxidant protection. With this, VET Diet Hepatic supports liver function in dogs with liver disease.
Happy Dog VET Diet Hepatic can be used for the following indications: liver disease, hepatic encephalopathy and liver shunt. Feeding the diet to animals younger than the 6th or to pregnant or lactating females, or animals with hyperlipidaemia or hepatic lipidosis, is not recommended.
Only available with veterinary recommendation.
- It is recommended that you seek veterinary advice before using the product or extending the period of use.
- For optimal results, the diet should be fed exclusively. Giving supplementary food should be discussed with your vet.
- Recommended period of use: Initially for up to 6 months
- Unless otherwise recommended by your vet, offer several small meals per day.
- The feed quantity should be adjusted to suit the individual animal’s metabolism and may be reduced or increased as necessary.
Always make sure fresh water is available.